HR Advisor Germany
Damen Naval Hamburg
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: HR / Recruitment
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?The role
As HR Advisor at Damen Naval you will play a pivotal role in supporting and advising department managers on various HR matters. Your primary goal is to cultivate and sustain an attractive, innovative, and efficient international shipbuilding organization by providing strategic HR guidance.Key accountabilities
As HR Advisor your key responsibilities will include:
- Advising and supporting (department) managers with human resources affairs for retention, such as career development and training, as well as recruiting new staff.
- Developing and implementing HR policies compliant with German legislation and aligned with existing policies.
- Ensuring HR operations are executed in compliance with (inter)national labour laws and data protection laws.
- Managing the onboarding process for new employees and overseeing their introduction.
- Driving for the adaptation of performance management by management to identify and retain talent within the organization and actively contribute to succession planning.
- Provide support in the process of relocating of Damen Naval expatriates to Germany.
- Monitoring the HR administration and the specific portfolio for the administration of temporary staff, this in compliance with German law and regulations.
- Maintaining an accurate HR database reflecting current staff details and conditions for necessary reporting.
- Contributing to the department's process improvement and fostering knowledge transfer and retention within the team.
To excel as HR Advisor, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor's degree with at least two years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience working with German labour laws and other HR related laws.
- Experience with working in a complex technical project environment is a plus.
- Experience working for a big corporate in the manufacturing industry (construction, shipbuilding) is a plus
- Good command of the English and German language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of HR Advisor Germany, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter, along with an indication of:
- Your (preferred) monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Availability (fulltime / part-time / number of hours).
- Notice period / possible starting date.
For more information about the vacancy or Damen Naval, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Naval Career website or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered.