EOI- Senior Integrity Engineer
Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for Expressions of Interest for Senior Integrity Engineers to provide integrity engineering consultancy services to the Wood client base covering sub-sea facilities, pipelines, risers, topsides and onshore plant.
Wood has a number of offices located throughout the UK and flexibility in working location is offered, with hybrid office/home working and remote working solutions available.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
On joining the team you will be an active member of a collaborative, dynamic and technically skilled group. Our successful candidate will quickly be involved in providing consulting and engineering solutions, understanding the issues of key clients and responding by delivering improved outcomes while balancing integrity, performance and cost.
The primary function of the Senior Integrity Engineer will be to carry out and oversee day-to-day completion of engineering work scopes, which would typically include:
- Integrity reviews and associated reports
- Anomaly assessment and management
- Development of asset integrity management documentation, such as Integrity Management Strategies
- Development of IMR philosophies
- Development of Written Schemes of Examination
- Involvement in the development and implementation of Assessing damage mechanisms
- Asset Integrity Management (AIMS) programs
- Evaluate asset information to determine hazards, failure modes and risk mitigations
- Utilise spreadsheet and software systems to capture and manipulate data; identifying trends and equipment health concerns
- KPI reporting and performance metric development for system integrity
- Perform fitness for service, risk based inspection and life extension assessments
- Setup and configuration of Integrity Management Database Systems
- Development of client reports to communicate results and recommendations
- Assuming ownership of small projects, managing from start to finish following Wood's Quality Management System
The individual would be accountable for:
- Writing and checking of technical reports
- Providing integrity engineering expertise based upon knowledge of mechanical engineering practices, asset operating environments and processes, the likelihood of failure and associated consequences
- Training and development of other team members
- Liaison with clients to develop discrete work scopes and building a professional working relationship with the client
- Adhering to Company Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies
Skills / Qualifications
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to diagnose and resolve significant and unusual problems and generate substantial improvements to practices and procedures
- Possess working familiarity with and an ability to apply relevant codes and standards that affect integrity engineering
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge
- Well-developed teamwork skills
- Proven willingness to assume responsibility and seek out opportunities
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, with good technical report writing skills
We are interested to speak with engineers with an experience level sufficient to develop and lead workscopes and projects and provide mentoring support and guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Experience in managing and technically leading project work and managing client relations
- Experience of managing, motivating and mentoring professional engineering specialists
- Experience in developing technical proposals and bids
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. We are looking for energetic people who are highly motivated, technically curious, have a 'hands on' approach, organised, proactive and are self-disciplined
- Engineering degree from a recognised university or college in a relevant discipline (preferably Mechanical Engineering)
- Chartered or Professional Engineer status, preferably accredited by Engineering Council
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.