Mechanical Technician - Level 2
Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
In August 2022, Aker Solutions entered into an agreement with SLB and Subsea 7 to form a new joint venture for subsea bringing subsea experts to deliver complete subsea and deep-water engineering solutions for the energy industry.
The three companies will bring invaluable technical competence, geographical presence, robust portfolio and backlog projects, and skilled personnel with segment expertise to this agreement. This subsea integrated services venture will position itself to be a tier 1 company in the industry.
The joint venture came into effect on the 2nd of October 2023.
Our Subsea team in Aberdeen are looking for a Mechanical Technician - Level 2.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Level 2 Trainee role in the Distribution department covering Piped Assembly & Hydraulic Jumpers
- Small bore tube bending & fitting (3D & 5D)
- Building & pressure testing hydraulic flying leads
- Mechanical assembly (Stab plates, SCMMBs, SDUs & test stands)
- Following engineering drawings, hydraulic schematics, risk assessments, test procedures
- Performing all tasks with an HSSE & Quality mindset
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment to our 5S standards
- Drive continuous improvement
- Training program will be provided
- Mechanical experience preferred but not essential
- Apprenticeship preferred but not essential
- Actively contribute within the team
- Attention to detail taking pride in the quality of work that you produce
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi - disciplined team environment, focusing on safe and efficient completions
- Keen to learn
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.