Senior Mechanical Engineer
Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The role will be part of our Aberdeen Engineer Hub. This is a multi-client and multi-discipline engineering and design team.
This vacancy is primarily to support an upcoming FEED study on a Flare Gas Recovery project for a major oil & gas operator in the North Sea. The role is an excellent opportunity to be involved in decarbonisation projects. The FEED study is expected to start in April 2023 and run for 6 months before moving into detail design. The project will be run out of our Aberdeen office however remote/hybrid working will be considered.
The successful candidate will:
- Execute assigned scopes of work
- Use technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments and produce engineering deliverables including complex problems
- Perform engineering assignments, usually representing a significant portion of a larger project
- Select engineering techniques to solve problems and makes design recommendations
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng or equivalent professional qualification or HND or equivalent with extensive relevant experience
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.