Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Trades & Services
NES Fircroft are pleased to be hiring an SSU Leader (Safety, Security and Sustainability) on behalf of our Oil and Gas operator client. As the SSU Leader, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and enhancing our client's health, safety and environmental performance. This position is offshore, working on night shift cover for existing SSU Leaders.
If you are a dedicated and experienced HSE professional looking for an exciting opportunity please get in touch to apply.
Job Title: SSU Leader
Location: Offshore (2 weeks onshore, 3 weeks offshore rotation)
Contract Type: 6-month PAYE contract, Nights Cover
1. Ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations in the oil and gas industry.
2. Develop and implement HSE management systems and procedures to maintain a safe working environment.
3. Conduct regular audits and inspections to identify potential hazards and ensure corrective actions are taken.
4. Provide leadership and guidance to the HSE team, promoting a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
5. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate risks and ensure adherence to safety standards.
6. Monitor and report on HSE performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
7. Conduct incident investigations, identify root causes, and implement preventive measures.
8. Develop and deliver HSE training programs to enhance employee awareness and compliance.
9. Maintain strong relationships with regulatory agencies and external stakeholders.
1. 5-10 years of experience in health and safety within the oil and gas industry.
2. Strong knowledge of HSE regulations and best practices.
3. Proven leadership skills and ability to effectively manage a team.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and make quick decisions.
6. Flexibility to work on a 2 weeks onshore, 3 weeks offshore rotation
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.