Equipment Readiness Technician
Dyce, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Engineering
I am looking for Equipment Readiness Technicians on behalf of our Oil Field Services client located in Dyce, Aberdeenshire (3 month initial contract - high chance of contract to perm after 3 months)
Equipment Readiness Technician
The Equipment Readiness Technician is responsible for ensuring equipment is delivered on time and according to operational demands. The Equipment Readiness Technician improves the reliability of Division equipment assets and increases the utilization and efficiency of assets. This person reduces the cost of service delivery (CoSD).
- Assigned by Equipment Readiness Lead to prepare jobs for offshore and land operations, also checking equipment prior to international shipments.
- Execute work orders (WOs) in our maintenance business system to record time spent on maintenance activities and ensure the asset being worked on has accurate records.
- Verify the status of equipment certifications and calibrations.
- Perform or assist in final function testing such as calibration, inspection, certification or verification, which may include Wireline Operational Combination Check, pressure test, measurement calibration, metrological inspection.
- Help prepare and organize required documentation related to such activities as calibrations, function tests, material certifications, inspections and, if necessary, third-party quality control and inspections.
- Prepare equipment and associated critical spares for shipment and staging to a pre-determined location or loading zone.
- Load equipment onto trucks in the absence of base or operational planning support, or the Equipment Readiness Operator or Technician.
- Adopt a continuous improvement work ethic and participate in initiatives to improve efficiency and productivity in equipment readiness, CoSD, and asset utilization through maintenance processes.
- Comply with Division Technology Lifecycle Management standards and the Competency Management System.
- Strong HSE culture
- Hard worker and capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Ideally has had some exposure to offshore / wellsite environment, background in Wireline is a bonus.
- Capable on learning, using and operating Wireline Acquisition systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Flexibility on working schedule and working hours
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable to handle changes and have a fresh approach to any challenges
Degree / Technical college HND or equivalent in Engineering or science discipline.
37.5 Hours per week as standard (8am - 5pm)
Pitmedden North Dyce
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.