Welder / Fabricator
NES Fircroft 16.50 British Pound . GBP Per hour
Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Trades & Services
Welder / Fabricator (Multiple Positions)
No cover letter required, please send your CV for review
•16.50 Per Hour (Overtime Available)
Duration: Initial 3 Month Contract (possibility of extension/temp to perm)
Industry: Oil Field Services (Oil and Gas)
- Operating machinery
- Join/Fabricate/Repair metal and other weldable material
- Interpreting blueprints, specifications, diagrams to determine an appropriate welding techniques
- welding / fabricating expereince is a must
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
- Interpret Engineering drawings welding components to defined dimensions.
- Interpret engineering drawings from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images identifying the most efficient, cost effective solution without compromising quality or safety
- Plan and schedule workload according to weekly production schedule highlighting any key areas which may prevent meeting weekly targets
- Attend team meetings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
- Identify technical issues and seek support to rectify them whilst offering solutions where possible.
- Record accurate job route time entry.
- Identify and report quality related issues to chargehand.
- Willingly accept and receive training.
- Accurately describe events during quality related investigations, aiding the chargehand to understand the root cause where required.
- Willingly assist chargehand to eradicate identified potential areas of non-conformance.
- Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
- Report discrepancies in job route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the chargehand and implement changes when requested.
- Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
- Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by chargehand.
- Assist with streamlining and improving overall manufacturing efficiencies and process performances to reduce overall direct labour costs.
- Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
- Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
- Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
- Travel as and when required.
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.