Wareham, Dorset, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
NES Fircroft are working with a Major oil and gas client who are looking to add a Process Engineer to their Dorset based facility.
This is a great opportunity to become part of the Engineering team based at Europe's largest onshore oilfield at Wytch Farm, Dorset.
The role of the Process Engineer is to provide process support to front line operations at Wytch Farm and to lead modifications to improve the Wytch Farm asset in terms of profitability and safety. There is also a requirement to lead and/or provide process engineering support to other projects across the asset.
We are looking for an individual with a few years post graduate process engineering experience, preferably gained within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemicals industry.
This position will report to the Senior Process Engineer and operates on a Monday to Friday basis on site.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical support to operations team for plant optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Ensure production losses are investigated and prevented from recurring.
- Provide an interface to reservoir and production engineers in understanding constraints and surface facilities issues.
- Provide technical input to plant modifications within the management of change process and assist with process technical queries from other teams on site.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental legislation within sphere of responsibility.
- Act as Single Point of Accountability for specific project delivery in the Engineering team, or provide input where required to projects carried out by operations or projects teams.
- Participate as required in HAZOP, LOPA and other safety related reviews and studies.
- Support development of graduates and interns through effective management of their workscopes and activities.
- Act as a member of the Wytch Farm site incident management team
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical Engineering.
- Process Engineering - post graduate experience in a technical role within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry preferred.
- Awareness of project management fundamentals
- Awareness of management of change processes
- Risk Management - practical knowledge of risk management within an operational set-up, preferably with actual exposure/experience on an operational site.
- COSHH awareness, Waste management awareness
- Appropriate safety training and safety management system awareness.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Permit to Work systems
- Experience in the generation and use of Task Risk Assessment
- Experience in the use of QA/QC systems such as GOC.
- Able to recognise risks and hazards.
- Able to tender and manage contracts.
- Able to prevent conflicts between activities in support of business priorities.
Our client is offering competitive salaries and a wide range of amazing benefits including:
- Discretionary Bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Pension Provision
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Profit Share Scheme
- Much much more!
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.