NES Fircroft 35.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Newton Aycliffe, Durham, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Engineering
NES FIrcroft are recruiting an Electrical / E&I Engineer on behalf of our client, based at the Newton Aycliffe site. This is a contract position, Outside IR35. Initial 6-12 month duration but ideally position is to be long-term. Mon-Fri on site, 37.5hrs per week minimum.
Our client is a leading European chemical producer. With an annual turnover of in excess of â 3 billion, our client has circa 4,200 employees and manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
Our client's portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across general Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Sulphur Chemicals; Salt; and Electrochemical and Vinyls Technologies. Our client's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 million tonnes.
- Familiar with modifications to existing operational plant. Experience of working in high hazard/COMAH regulated plants would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Electrical Engineering and familiarity with HAZOP, LOPA and SIL determination.
- Good all round design ability to develop project scopes including carry out of site surveys, feasibility options, obtaining operations buy in and development of preliminary E&I cost estimates for capex project scopes.
- Able to support installation and commissioning activities including resolution of issues with onsite installation contractors.
- Knowledgeable of relevant industry instrument and associated equipment design standards.
- Able to work on their own initiative and meet agreed deadlines. Capable of working closely with other design disciplines as well as operations and maintenance personnel.
- Ideally at least 5 years experience of electrical design activities, preferably with time spent in an operational plant environment such as oil and gas, petrochemicals or chemicals.
- Qualified to HND minimum, ideally to degree level.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.