Construction Services Coordinator
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Administration
Construction Services Coordinator 12 Month Contract - Norwich NES Fircroft are currently looking to recruit a Construction Services Coordinator on behalf of our client.
We are looking for a driven individual to take on the role of Project Fabrication /QC Coordinator/Expediter. The successful candidate will work closely with the Project Construction team to ensure materials, packages and equipment are managed through supply chain in line with project timelines. This role will be responsible for management of vendor packages and suppliers, ensuring materials and equipment are delivered in alignment with the project needs.
Working closely with the engineering and construction team, this role will ensure frequent contact with suppliers to meet delivery targets, ensure issues are resolved and concerns are passed back through the project team. There will be a two-way link between this role and the Construction Planning team. Sharing project requirements with supplier/vendors and back from suppliers/vendors to the planning team, ensuring construction timelines are kept and as necessary updated to reflect any delivery slips. This role will work closely with the Package Engineer, Construction Manager, Construction Planner and Materials Coordinator, contributing to the overall project execution strategy. They will be expected to facilitate the flow of materials and equipment to and from the various onshore and offshore facilities, ensuring the right materials arrive at the right job site in a timely manner.
The post will help ensure that Projects are appropriately managed to completion and be accountable for all deliveries, with the goal of continuous improvement via periodic reviews. This role operates on a Monday to Friday basis working 37.5 hours per week.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain an up-to-date working list of all materials orders to include key activity dates and progress, to facilitate effective planning and prioritisation of work
- Close coordination with the construction and planning team to ensure correct materials and equipment are made available at site in alignment with the project plan
- Frequent contact with suppliers to ensure fabrication/delivery timescales are met
- Ensure any Risks to delivery schedules are identified to SPA and relevant asset/key activity planners
- Ensure that all materials/packages are identified, planned and managed within the asset planning system
- Material information transfer to the relevant work pack engineers
- Support contractual conversations when vendors fail to meet timelines
- Investigate contingency plans for late deliveries or defective materials. They must also be ready to solve other problems, such as needing more materials than planned
- Ensure that key deliverables are progressed and completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Promote and maintain a safety culture within the team and throughout the organisation
- Maintain material certification packs
- Vendor document reviews
- Liaise with vendors to resolve any delivery quality issues
- Strong experience of working within North Sea construction and project environment in a material coordination and expediter role
- Strong interpersonal skills and work closely with the Project team, Planning team and external Vendors
- Background in quality control and understanding of activities to ensure equipment meets the Company specifications and standards
- Strong computer skills to enable tracking of materials deliverables
- Highly organised, accurate and methodical work ethic
- Proven experience with fabrication, inspection and document management
- Proven ability to work to set priorities and deadlines
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.