Please scroll down, To apply
Functional Safety Engineer
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
NES Fircroft are currently looking to recruit a Functional Safety Engineer on behalf of their client based in Norwich.
This is offered on a 12 month PAYE contract basis.
This is a great opportunity to join the Process Safety team based in Norwich. This position is responsible for leading risk assessments and LOPA studies and participating in HAZOP's as required. The successful candidate will be integral to the team offering wider support as the business dictates, supporting any new planned activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Part of the process safety team delivering the process safety improvement programme
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental legislation within sphere of responsibility
- Act as Single Point of Accountability for specific project delivery in the Process Safety team, and provide input where required to projects carried out by the operations or projects teams
- Be able to chair and lead LOPA studies on company assets as part of the company's extensive ongoing process safety programme.
- Be able to carry out SIL verification and functional safety audits as required on behalf of the TA.
- Participate in ongoing HAZOP studies
- Management of the SIF database
- FS Eng (TUV Rheinland) qualified and familiar with the implementation of IEC61508/61511
- Experienced in chairing and leading Layer of Protection Analysis studies.
- Ability to carry out SIL verification and functional safety audits.
- A knowledge of Process control systems and alarm management
- Process/Operational engineering experience in a technical role within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry preferred.
- Experience of using ABB Trac or similar software products for SIF management
- Awareness of project management fundamentals
- Awareness of management of change processes
- Risk Management - Practical knowledge of risk management within an operational set-up, preferably with actual exposure/experience on an operation site.
- Experience in the generation and use of Task Risk Assessment
- Experience in the use of QA/QC systems such as GOC
- Experience of working in the oil and gas or petro-chemical industry.
- Excellent team working skills and a strong communicator with the ability to interact with organisational personnel at all levels and with contract personnel with whom the individual would have direct working contract.
- Good time management skills and an ability to plan and organise both work activities and the resources required to execute said work activities
- Able to proactively apply pervious lessons learnt.
- Able to recognise risks and hazards
- Well developed interpersonal and leadership skills, self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others.
- FS Eng (TUV) Rheinland qualified
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.