Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Engineering
NES Fircroft are recruiting an Instrument Engineer on behalf of our client, a leading Oil & Gas operator, to be based at either the Dimlington terminal in Hull, or the Norwich offices. This is a contract role, initially 12 months. 40hrs per week.
The Instrument Engineer is responsible for the assurance of instrumentation and its safe and reliable operation to our onshore Dimlington Terminal. The Instrument Engineer will be providing daily support for all instrumentation issues, maintenance activity, development and execution of instrument-based projects and be involved in the competence assessment of Instrument Technicians.
Additionally, you will work with the Instrument Technical Authority to provide input on company policies and practices
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting Dimlington Terminal in assessing day to day instrumentation issues, ensuring instrumentation technical integrity.
- Specify, select, and procure replacement and/or upgrades to instrument equipment and carrying out the necessary risk assessments, safety studies and following documentation update procedures via Management of Change.
- Provide advice and consultation to repairs, upgrades and modification pertaining to instrument equipment to discipline technicians and other multi-discipline engineers.
- Monitor performance of instrument equipment through routine review of maintenance records and contributing to the continuous improvement of the discipline Maintenance
- Strategy and Performance Standard documents.
- Ensure all work activities carried out within the discipline meets the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, recognising safe-guard interface with other disciplines.
- Participate in safety studies such as HAZOPs, LOPAs and practical interfaces such as FATs, Constructability Reviews, etc.
- Protect/improve production efficiencies through application of efficient technologies, simplification, better planning cost management of discipline work activities
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer or qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND level
- Ideally 5-10 years' experience within the Oil & Gas Industry
- Strong operational knowledge of the offshore and onshore gas business
- Alarm Management Fundamentals
- Hydraulic Awareness
- SUEPEE & Intrinsic Safety
- TUV Functional Safety Engineer
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.