Offshore Metering Technician
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
NES Fircroft is currently looking to recruit an Offshore Metering Technician on a 6 month PAYE contract basis.
This position is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and operational testing of all trade (Metering) related equipment and systems to ensure efficient, reliable and safe standards on all installations. You will be working with the Metering Support Engineer and Tech Op team members to obtain safe working conditions in day to day operations, with special emphasis on maintenance tasks, environmental and calibration activities.
This position operates on a shift rotation of 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.
Our client is a leading independent Oil & Gas company operating in 14 countries across the globe. This opportunity is available in their UK subsidiary which is one of the largest gas operators in the Southern North Sea.
Key Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Calibration and recertification of metering equipment per company guidelines and good practices
- First line maintenance and fault investigation of metering equipment
- Monitor and tracking calibration schedules using MAXIMO / Patriarch
- Provide technical input for projects
- Management of rectification of test equipment
- Raising Work Orders via MAXIMO
- Ensure metering document (drawings) update/control
- Maintain audit trail management packages
- Calibration and maintenance of online gas chromatographs
- Sampling of produced fluids
- Responsible for rectification of breakdowns in field, fault reporting, maintaining appropriate certificates and audit trail and for keeping records and logbooks
- A proven track record of operating and maintaining oil, gas and environmental flow measurement systems and a good working knowledge of their principles of operation
- Capable of carrying out verification, calibration and maintenance of oil and gas fiscal and allocation metering systems and sampling systems
- Capable of following operating and maintenance procedures or supervising their implementation to the highest standards
- Good working knowledge of relevant pipeline requirement and awareness of AGA and ISO codes of practice for metering systems.
- Familiar with relevant practices and procedures for the management of supply chains for test equipment and recertification of measurement devices
- Experience with the operation of the standard metering maintenance packages
- Minimum of HNC/HND in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent qualification
- Time served with experience in the Maintenance and Management of Fiscal measurement for both Gas & Liquid hydrocarbons, ideally having spent some time in the offshore environment.
- Sound knowledge of engineering practices and able to demonstrate good understanding of typical processes involved for Natural Gas production.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.