Senior Environmental Advisor
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Engineering
Senior Environmental Advisor
12 Month Contract
NES Fircroft are working with a major oil and gas company based in Norwich who are looking for a Senior Environmental Advisor to join their established team.
This is an initial 12 month contract PAYE position.
The successful candidate will provide expert advice and proactive environmental support to our Operations. The Environmental Advisor will ensure that all environmental requirements are fully understood, and that risks, controls and mitigations are identified and put in place in a timely, economical and effective fashion, from operations through to decommissioning. You will also support projects, drilling, infill, etc. Support Net Zero projects from concept to execute.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coaching and development of the Environmental Advisors.
- Manage the regulatory relationship with offshore and onshore environmental regulators, including statutory consultees.
- Manage the projects within the hub and all advise to the project team and regulatory required submissions.
- Management of all OPPC, ETS, Chemical permits as appropriate for the asset.
- Review all permits submissions to the regulator.
- Technical input into Terminal Environmental Operations.
- Input into an Environmental plan that sets out our key initiatives and milestones for delivery in support of ISO14001.
- Coordinate and lead the maintenance of ISO14001:2015 for the hub activities.
- Complete programmed Audits & Inspections as scheduled.
- Support the timely submission of all internal and external reporting e.g. EEMS, OSPAR, OPPC, SECR
- Represent the company in external affairs concerning environmental management.
- Provide advice on environmental policy and legislation compliance to the team.
- Coordinate the monitoring and review of environmental legislative changes and the potential impact on the business.
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting environmental operating standards through site visits, inspections and/or audits.
- Undertake site visits to review and support line management in their completion of investigations into the causes of events and the identification of root causes and preventative measures.
- Working with the training team develop and maintain training and advisory documents and deliver training and advisory sessions to personnel.
- Ensure oil spill plans and updated and maintained.
- Member of the IMT.
- Provide input and oversight of environmental element of HSE budget.
- Strong experience working in the environmental field of the offshore upstream Oil & Gas sector (operator environment) performing at Advisor or Team Leader level.
- Demonstrable breadth of experience including offshore production, subsea, drilling and well intervention operations.
- A sound knowledge of the UK regulatory environmental framework and how it can be influenced.
- Sound knowledge of emissions management and emissions trading schemes relating to offshore.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Degree in Environmental Management, Engineering or similar
- Trained ISO14001 auditor
- Working knowledge of SCR2015
- PORTAL, EEMS, ETSWAP (or UK equivalent)
- Knowledge of SECR
- The ability to build excellent relationship to influences & collaborate with peers & external stakeholders to deliver mutual success.
- Plan and organise, must be able to multi-task whilst displaying flexibility and strong prioritisation skills.
- Take a pragmatic approach to work whilst acting with integrity.
- Work alongside leadership, be proactive and self-starting.
- Use personal credibility and relationships to educate and assist others.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.