Blyth, Northumberland, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Trades & Services
Do you have experience of carrying out assembly & maintenance work on Drill systems
• Are you comfortable with heavy lifting and operating various forklifts / cherry pickers
If so, NES Fircroft have a great opportunity for 2 x Assembly Tech's to join our O&G / Energy client, who are supporting a large client with a drilling campaign on an offshore windfarm in France.
The initial work will be based at their Blyth (Northumberland) site and you will assist in the safe assembly of the drill system & be part of the team responsible for delivering the completed system to the project.
When the systems are assembled & ready to be delivered to the project, you will then join the project offshore, operating as a General Technician, working a 28 / 28 rotation.
The full contract is expected to run around 13 months and we can only consider UK nationals, due to the location of work.
- Provide rigging assistance to aid with the mechanical assembly of the drill equipment.
- Operate and maintain plant and equipment
- Assist sub-contractors with electrical and hydraulic fit out activities
- Operate over head cranes and provide rigging support for the installation structural elements and sub-components of the drill system
- Operate torque applicators for fastening structural steel elements
- Perform routine maintenance activities including pre-use checks and planned preventative maintenance
- Attend pre-shift meetings and contribute to discussions where necessary
- Liaise with the onsite Supervisor to provide up to date information on job status
- Provide technical input and assistance to the team when working through potential problems and finding suitable and safe resolutions
- Marine construction mobilization experience
- Structural steel assembly experience
- Use of hydraulic torque applicators
- Heavy lifting operational/supervisory experience
- Mechanical/hydraulic fitting experience
- Welding experience
- CPCS slinger/signaller blue card
- Counterbalance fork truck license
- MEWP/Cherry picker license
- PASMA tower erection qualification
- First aid at work
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.