Technical Manager (Process Engineering)
Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
We are looking for a Technical Manager (Chemical Engineering) to provide professional Chemical Engineering support to all aspects of Asset Operations required to deliver short through long term sanctioned Asset strategy. This role may involve some periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned plant outages.
- Define and deliver the 10-year investment plan across the asset (Manufacturing and Infrastructure areas) to meet regulatory requirements, SHE, availability and cost targets for the business and customers.
- Produce the project justifications to gain sanctions for the investment plan from each of the site businesses and customers.
- Define and deliver the annual investment plan in alignment with the business plan for both client and customers.
- Drive the project sanction process to meet financial requirements, for both the business and customers whilst ensuring delivery of annual project plan.
- Submit detailed project study requirements to ensure generation of accurate project proposals (costs/duration/deliverables).
- Control the business and customer CAPEX budget (direct and indirect) to deliver projects to meet sanctioned timescale, costs, SHE targets and technical performance.
- Drive and manage the interface with Engineering/maintenance team to ensure delivery of the agreed annual budget plan.
- Communicate year-end forecasts and projects progress versus plan to the business and customers.
- Define and deliver the process safety plan and all technical aspects/documentation to ensure compliance with all site and regulatory requirements.
- Formally sanction all technical change on the asset to ensure continued operation within design and regulatory boundaries (Modifications authority).
- Line manage all direct reports in compliance with policies and procedures to ensure current and future succession planning requirements are satisfied.
- Deliver operational and chemical engineering expertise to achieve delivery of asset operating and improvement targets.
- Be educated to Degree level in a Chemical Engineering discipline.
- Be chartered with demonstrable years' experience in asset operations.
- Have intimate knowledge of asset operating procedures and activities, including key interactions with other Site operating units.
- Have the ability to understand a diverse set of assets with differing business priorities.
- Have proven ability to line manage, coach and develop engineering personnel.
- Possess strong leadership skills, able to influence across functions, services and cross-site to drive aligned delivery of all manufacturing requirement.
- Have high level of personal integrity, placing real importance and giving leadership on this front and possess high a level of communication skills, dealing with all levels in the organisation.
- Have the ability to create and manage to a budget.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.