Bacton, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Engineering
12 Month Contract - Bacton
NES Fircroft are working with a major engineering client with a facility in Bacton, Norwich. They are looking for an Operations Technician to work with them on an initial 12 month basis.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a multi skilled team at our clients Bacton Terminal. This position is responsible for the maintenance, repair and operational testing of all trade (Electrical, Instrument, Mechanical, Operations) related equipment and systems to ensure efficient, reliable and safe standards on all installations. You will work as part of a team to safely operate the terminal and offshore platforms through the application of operational and maintenance procedures and control room operations and maximise plant availability in the processing of gas received from offshore fields.
This role operates on a regular shift pattern of one week on, one week off, 12 hour days/nights.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Complete scheduled trade maintenance activities as per the maintenance management system, ensuring that safety critical items are prioritised.
- On completion of tasks, work order sheets to be updated, enabling the close out of tasks and retention of maintenance history and records.
- Perform the duties of Responsible Trade Person and mentor trainees as required
- Raise relevant permits within the agreed time period and suspend or cancel permits as appropriate
- Manage and maintain trade inventory of critical spares and stock equipment such that maintenance visits can be completed on schedule and equipment down time is minimised.
- Generate new work requests to highlight plant and equipment failures.
- Provide assistance for projects, working with vendors and sub-contractors as required.
- Generate and communicate effective handovers between shifts and departments.
- Comply with and pursue the requirements of Change Management Policies (e.g. Plant Modification Proposals)
- Employ company Observation Safety Technique to report unsafe acts etc.
- Accept responsibility for all waste management tasks relating to individual activities at the Terminal (e.g. cleaning up after tasks, waste monitoring and disposal etc.).
- Work with team leaders and team members to provide safe conditions for day to day operations, maintenance, environmental and security activities at the terminal.
- Monitor all offshore platforms and achieve nomination in conjunction with Gas Coordinators, ensure correct hydrate inhibition injection, and inform Normally Unmanned Installation (NUI) teams of any operational problems.
- Respond to all onshore and offshore alarms and inform relevant people of any problems that may arise.
- Attend and participate in the Operations morning shift meeting.
- Carry out control room operations when designated by team leader.
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- We are looking for an individual who has completed a time served trade apprenticeship
- Previous experience working as an Operator within the Oil and Gas Industry would be an advantage
- Strong technical background qualified to a minimum of HNC or equivalent within an engineering discipline
- Ability to plan and organise your work
- Self-motivated and an active team player
- Good written and verbal communication skill
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.