Easington, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
Contract Position, Dimlington
NES Fircroft are working with a major engineering client of ours based in Dimlington, Hull. They are looking for a Warehouse Operative to work with them on an initial 12 month basis.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to be an integral part of the team based at our clients Dimlington gas terminal. This role forms part of our onshore operational team based at the terminal and will be responsible for providing an essential warehouse and supply chain function.
This is a 12 month contract position, working Monday to Friday. You maybe be required on call for evening and weekends.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Receipt and management of purchased materials
- Checking receipted materials match issued Purchase order
- Management and issue of certification received with orders
- Safe unloading and loading of vehicles using counterbalance forklift
- Safe and proficient use of a reach truck forklift within warehouse
- Raising purchase orders within SAP system
- Ensure agreed stock levels are maintained
- Arranging despatch of materials from site
- Arranging despatch of hazardous materials from site
- Issue and return of materials held within warehouse using SAP system
- Create material master records for materials within SAP
- Ensure housekeeping levels within warehouse and yard area are maintained to a high level
- Mentor and support junior member of team
- Minimum 2 years' experience working within a similar role and environment
- FLT licence (Reach & Counterbalance) - essential
- Dangerous Goods Qualified (Air & Road) - advantageous
- Computer literate with well-developed IT skills across Microsoft suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- Experience of using SAP preferred but not essential.
- Full clean driving licence
- Solutions based with strong planning, organising and numeric skills, and an excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to work on own initiative and independently.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.