Mechanical Rotating Engineer
NES Fircroft 35.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Hull, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Engineering
NES Fircroft is delighted to be partnering with a major Chemical Manufacturing plant looking to add a Mechanical Rotating Engineer to their Hull based facility.
The role will be part of major upgrade projects for the site which will be working towards NetZero targets by 2050. This position will be employed on a contract basis, outside of IR35, open to Ltd Companies. Duration will initially be until December 2024 with potential for extension beyond. Strong rates are on offer and roles will be required to work on site Mon - Fri in Hull.
To be considered, candidates must've existing right to work in the UK
Project mechanical engineering expert for multi-disciplinary engineering project with demanding HSE, technical, schedule and cost targets.
- Support assurance of design, supply and construction, contractors compliance with applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Support assurance of design, supply and construction, contractors provision of fit for purpose solutions that meet project objectives
- Manage the mechanical engineering technical interface between client and design, supply and construction contractors
- Manage and support the timely response to engineering and technical queries
- Support the timely development and approval of inspection & test procedures
- Lead coordination, tracking and progress reporting of the delivery of specific mechanical scopes
- Support management and control of associated technical documentation
- Support coordination with other project disciplines
- Support multi disciplinary project reviews
- Working in an environment with many interfaces to third parties including designers, vendors and constructors
- Delivery within a complex operational and maintenance environment
- Demanding HSE, quality, schedule and cost targets
- Client side
- Projects are multi-disciplinary projects and part of a large program
- Degree qualified or equivalent in mechanical engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience working with rotating machinery
- Experienced project engineer with good decision making skills
- Working knowledge of Petrochem M&P engineering standards and specifications
- Working knowledge of projects in general, regulatory framework for their delivery and supporting QA systems
- Able to build relationships and communicate effectively within Client and with suppliers / contracting partners
- Good understanding of risk management and project controls
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.