Stockton-on-tees, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
NES Fircroft are currently looking to recruit a Civil Designer on behalf of their client based in Teesside.
The Civil Designer will work with the design team and will be responsible for the technical documentation to high professional standards within challenging programmes and budgets.
Key Tasks and Main Duties
- Prepare and check layout, general arrangements, isometrics
- Co-ordinate/liaise with other Engineering disciplines
- Interpret Vendor and other discipline drawings
- Work to time schedules and budgets
- Comply with Company Quality Management Systems
- Other professional duties reasonably required
- Equivalent to UK Higher National Certificate as minimum
- AutoCAD Certificate of Competence (Advanced Level preferred but not essential) or demonstrable experience qualifications
- Experience or knowledge of 3D design software preferred but not essential
- Background in Heavy Engineering/Chemical/Petrochemical/Oil & Gas Industries preferred.
- English Language - written, spoken and technical
- Ability to convert calculations or technical communications with Engineer into Engineering Drawings
- Ability to read drawings from other Engineering disciplines
- Ability to liaise/co-ordinate work with other Engineering disciplines
- IT literate
- Efficient use of AutoCAD and all its attributes
- Experience of 3D design software (preferably PDMS)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.