Care Home Deputy Manager - non-clinical
Sterling Cross 41500.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Tadcaster, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Healthcare & Medical
Worked your way up from a Healthcare Assistant or Support Worker role, and now looking for the perfect next step? We have a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong background in care to join a brand-new residential care home in Tadcaster as the home s Deputy Manager.
Due to open in Winter 2023, the home is guaranteed to live up to its owner s reputation for luxury. Taking advantage of a beautiful parkland location, the home is being purpose-built to integrate sumptuous furnishings and the latest mod-cons with research-based, memory-friendly features and techniques the perfect blend of comfort and style for residents with age- or dementia-related needs.
Tadcaster itself is no slouch either. Midway between York and Leeds, this market town boasts beautiful Victorian architecture, a rich history with the brewing industry (including hosting Samuel Smith s, Yorkshire s oldest brewery) and stunning countryside views of the Vale of York for a lovely place to live and work.
As Deputy Manager, you will be primarily supporting the General Manager and providing leadership when they are absent: assisting with regulatory compliance, assuring safety, and looking after the team in terms of both wellbeing and skill level. With your help, we can make this home a truly outstanding place for top-level residential care and you ll get a matching workplace and benefits package in return too (including a £2,000 welcome bonus !).
This is a permanent, full-time (40h) role for a Care Home Deputy Manager, days only.
Please note that public transport in the local area is limited; to reliably get to/from the home, you will need regular access to a car.
Candidates will have:
- A history of career and skill development within care.
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (or equivalent), ideally higher
- Experience with supervisory/management duties e.g. conducting risk assessments and investigations, managing a budget, managing the activities of a team.
- Automatic enrolment into profit share scheme
- £2,000 welcome bonus
- Substantial learning & development opportunities
- Extensive range of holiday, retail, and leisure discounts
- Life insurance coverage
- Health and wellbeing assistance programme
- Monthly staff lottery offering cash prizes
- Recognition and reward schemes
- Unlimited access to Refer-a-Friend bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- And more!