3DExperience CAD Application Manager
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
You are the expert! Within the engineering department you will be the one responsible for the functional application management of our 3DExperience CAD/ PLM system. This means that you will setup, advise and assist all Damen Naval engineering projects. You are also the specialist who is responsible for optimizing the use of the CAD/ PLM system. This is done through increasing the efficiency for example by creating parametric geometry, automatic drawing generation, and rule-based engineering. But also resolving issues in engineering and striving for better ease of use. You will also have the freedom to advice in process improvements and communicate this with your team and management.Key accountabilities
As 3DExperience CAD Application Manager you will:
- Setup projects and configure the system for optimal use
- Analyze issues together with key users, IT department, and consultants.
- Report issues to external suppliers
- Pro-actively improve workflows and generate robust solutions
- Advise stakeholders
As 3DExperience CAD Application Manager you will need to have:
- Higher Vocational Education (HBO) work and thinking level, preferably in shipbuilding or mechanical engineering.
- Expert level knowledge of, and working experience with CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, or other parametric assembly modeler.
- Knowledge of PDM/ PLM Release Management
- Experience as Application Administrator with engineering software
- Knowledge of scripting and macros in combination with 3D CAD is preferred
- Affinity with high-end Structural Engineering processes in shipbuilding, steel construction engineering or other relevant fields.
- Competencies: Pro-active, service driven, creative within your field, accurate and efficient and capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good command of Dutch and English language written & verbal.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of 3DExperience CAD Application Manager, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.