Data Processing Engineer (Project Based)
Damen Naval Schiedam
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Data Processing Engineer who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for a period of 12 up to 24 months.
As Data Processing Engineer (Project Based), you are mainly responsible to support the Damen Naval project team with the exchange and processing of engineering data that is received from and sent to the customer, partners and or subcontractors including internal distribution. The exchanged data must also be appropriately registered in the PDM/PLM system under configuration control.Key accountabilities
As Data Processing Engineer (Project Based), you are responsible for:
- Checking incoming and outgoing data from customer, partners and or subcontractors for technical compliance, quality, and completeness.
- Processing of incoming and outgoing data, registration, distribution and expediting, in different databases including Document Control.
- Pro-active communicating internally with project engineering teams and other relevant stakeholders.
- Managing the various project mailboxes including distribution to the various team members.
- Generating and distributing of document control progress and status reports.
As Data Processing Engineer (Project Based), you need to have:
- Post-secondary vocational education (MBO) in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferably with relevant work experience.
- Experience and affinity and with Product Data Management systems including Document Management.
- Extensive working experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Competencies: accuracy, pro-active attitude, eye for detail, flexibility, and good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal and preferably also Dutch and or German.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Data Processing Engineer (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.