Engineer Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) (Project Based)
Damen Naval Schiedam
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Transport & Logistics
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for an Engineer Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) who can start on short notice and on a temporary basis.
As an Engineer ILS, you will be responsible for projects related to the ILS scope and services for the naval vessels of Damen Naval. You will work on the project related to ILS. With the aim of increasing the availability and operational readiness against the lowest cost over the entire life cycle of the ships.
The general ILS work includes analyzing maintenance plans/tasks, technical documentation (S1000D), supply support, including special tools & test equipment, and training. For this, as an Engineer ILS, you will work together with other disciplines in the organisation to prepare ILS deliverables. As Engineer ILS you can work sometimes on a broad variety of tasks within the ILS field. You will work in multifunctional teams to develop and deliver the ILS products, on time, within budget and within quality standards. You deliver contractual agreed ILS packages and increases customer satisfaction. As Engineer ILS you will also contribute to the further development of the strategic ILS technology roadmap.Key accountabilities
As Engineer ILS (Project Based) you will:
- Perform ILS analysis such as LSA and other ILS topics.
- Study and report the reliability and maintainability of naval equipment.
- Cooperate with the technical (design) department and report to the Project Manager ILS.
- Work on ILS products include purchase support, maintenance/ LSA including RAM and LCC calculations, supply support, documentation, training, and transfer of technology.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by the company and the end-users.
- Deliver ILS products and services within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing (part of) ILS proposals and in the further improvement and development of ILS products, processes, and methodologies.
- Prepare ILS training material(s) for technical equipment and naval products.
- Prepare budgetary offers and estimations of projects costs.
- Study technical regulations and technical drawings that apply in each project.
As Engineer ILS (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of marine engineering or similar.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of ILS and with the development and execution of ILS packages within a technical and/or MoD environment or alternatively maintenance experience in an engineering environment.
- Experience in working in multifunctional and multicultural teams and environments.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal and command of additional languages like German and Spanish are an advantage.
- Preferably a naval background or affinity with a naval environment and culture.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Engineer Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.