Integrated Project Planner (Project Based)
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Transport & Logistics
Damen Naval (Project Based) offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for an Integrated Project Planner (Project Based) who can start on short notice and on a temporary basis.
As Integrated Project Planner (Project Based) you will be responsible for a timely planning of all project activities and creating progress reports for the project management team. This in line with the Damen Naval integrated planning method.
As Integrated Project Planner (Project Based) you are the linking pin between processes and will create a planning of all activities within engineering, procurement, manufacturing engineering, production, commissioning of the project from contract till delivery. You will drive the logistic processes in such a way that in-time delivery of equipment at the building site can be assured.Key accountabilities
As Integrated Project Planner (Project Based), you will:
- Create a baseline planning for all project activities based on the master planning and hour budget in association with project managers, team leaders and subcontractors.
- Maintain and analyse the operational planning and identifying progress delays and bottlenecks.
- Provide progress status overviews and preparing hour forecast information.
- Prepare project information for multi-projects planning.
- Analyse and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Initiate improvement processes on specific subjects.
- Lead the logistic team to assure that project interests are met.
- Discuss and negotiate in- and export requirements, incoterms, etc. with customs as required.
As Integrated Project Planner (Project Based), you will need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Logistics, Operations, or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of five years experiences in planning of complex technical projects.
- Experience with Primavera P6 or similar planning software.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management and knowledge of manufacturing-, industrial-, or supply chain processes is a plus.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project management, including initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening are a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Integrated Project Planner (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.