IT Business Analyst (Project Based)
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for an IT Business Analyst who can start on short notice on a temporary basis.
As IT Business Analyst you will join the Business Support team which is one of the teams within the ICT department of Damen Naval. The Business Support team is responsible for the functional support of the business applications and actively contributes to the cooperation between business and IT.Key accountabilities
As IT Business Analyst (Project Based) you will:
- Act as an intermediate between business and IT.
- Be responsible for the identification, analysis, and specification of existing processes and/or new requirements. This will be the basis of new business IT projects or the enhancement of existing processes.
- Interview stakeholders, study process descriptions and business process and data models.
- Challenge on the needs and the solution design.
- Transform data to useful information for the internal IT-team and/or suppliers.
As IT Business Analyst (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor degree and at least five years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with project management, process management and with commonly used tools.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical people based on knowledge of business processes and IT.
- Good command of the English language, verbal and written.
- Competences: customer, quality and result orientation, teamwork, flexibility, planning and organisation, decisiveness, problem analysis, initiative and creativity.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of IT Business Analyst (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.