Outfitting and Accomodation Engineer
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
Damen Naval is looking for an experienced Outfitting and Accommodation Engineer. As Outfitting Engineer, you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of outfitting, where outfitting includes arrangements of the accommodation and all technical spaces excluding engine rooms.
As Outfitting and Accommodation Engineer, you will work in a basic engineering team of several outfitting engineers, mainly with regards to arrangements. As Outfitting Engineer, you will implement your technical knowledge and practical experience, on subjects as maintainability, producibility and ergonomics etc.
As Outfitting and Accommodation Engineer you will:
- Execute engineering activities within the 2D and 3D environments, such as Cadmatic or 3DExperience (Catia).
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required information, such as arrangements, lists and fabrication/mounting drawings.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Contribute to the further development of the department.
- Develop and describe yard standards.
As Outfitting and Accommodation Engineer you need to have:
- Secondary vocational education (MBO-4+) related to the outfitting discipline.
- At least two years' experience with the engineering of Outfitting systems.
- Experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic or Catia.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of Class- and Statutory regulations and outfitting systems, preferably gained with ships or offshore installations.
- Good command of the English language (written & verbal).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering: A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Outfitting and Accommodation Engineer, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.