Project Manager Combat
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Transport & Logistics
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. With over 1.000 professionals and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?The role
As Project Manager Combat, you will be supplying leadership for building-up and implement the combat part of the project organization. You will be responsible for the execution combat part of the project, which includes all engineering, manufacturing and supply chain activities needed to finalize the project within project scope, quality standards, budget, and timelines. The training facility consist of ship simulation stations, ship's equipment, and maintenance training facilities. As Project Manager Combat, you will be accountable for ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the customer.Key accountabilities
As Project Manager Combat you will be:
- Responsible for building-up and implement the combat part of the project organization from effective date of contract until final delivery to the customer. This includes all engineering, manufacturing and supply chain activities needed to finalize the project within project scope, budget, and timelines.
- Developing and executing a master project plan and monitor progress against operational targets with respect to cost, quality and timelines, reports on regular basis to the project director.
- Responsible for development and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the project organization achieve project goals.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance of project with (financial) guidelines, business, employment and HSSEQ regulations and identify, examine, and assess risks in line with internal and external regulations and standards
- Accountable for the commissioning, trials, testing and delivery of the vessel to the client and classification society, this includes Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Harbor Acceptance Tests (HAT), Basin Acceptance Test (BAT) and Sea Acceptance Tests (SAT).
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards (including HSSEQ and AQAP) of performance are understood and owned by the management and employees.
- Managing the project including external flexible human resource planning and assure the project team can be staffed with the required capabilities.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the customer.
- Representing the company to customers and related professional associations.
As Project Manager Combat you need to have:
- Master degree in a technical discipline supplemented with preferably an IPMA B certification.
- Experience with system engineering and complex (shipbuilding) simulation projects gained in international multi-site manufacturing environments preferable in defence or security industry.
- Experience working in complex international project environments and in building coalitions, internally and with other international Damen entities and/or external suppliers to achieve common goals.
- Fluent in English and good command of German language both written and verbal.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure given the military nature of projects.
- Permanent EU citizenship with valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Project Manager Combat, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.