Test & Integration Engineer
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
As Test & Integration Engineer you will be part of the Test & Integration team within the assigned project and is managed by the Integration & Test manager. You are responsible for a certain part of the project test & integration program, and for the development and possible execution of the inspection plans production, testing and trials of the new build one-off naval vessels. As Test & Integration Engineer you will provide engineering reviews, general project support during production, tests, trials and drives the follow-up in case of deviations including the coordination to key suppliers.Key accountabilities
As Test & Integration Engineer you will:
- Set-up the Test & Integration program in line with project design, progress, overall project targets and timelines.
- Prepare and execute the project inspection plan production and follow-up in case of deviations based on the master project plan, specifications, and delivery deadlines.
- Develop, execute, and coordinate test and trial plans based on the master project plan, specifications, delivery deadlines, this includes Type Tests, FAT's, HAT's, and SAT's.
- Participate in cross-functional engineering reviews and approvals with project teams and suppliers, this includes all engineering disciplines and integration activities.
- Monitor and report on progress, including performance of third parties and intervene when needed.
- Deliver status reports during production, trials, and tests.
- Work closely with engineering departments and develop plans on Testing & Integration.
As Test & Integration Engineer you need to have:
- Relevant technical bachelor degree (HBO) and IPMA D or an equivalent certificate.
- Experience in experience in project management, manufacturing, and commissioning of complex new build naval ships.
- Experience in subcontract management and integration of complex mechanical, electrical and automation systems including combined propulsion installations for complex new built ships.
- Expertise of a variety of engineering concepts and practices.
- Good command of the Dutch, German and English language all written and verbal.
- Experience with the computer applications such as Office, SAP, IBM DOORS, 3DX, etc.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Test & Integration Engineer, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.