Verification, Validation and Acceptance Engineer (Project Based)
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Verification, Validation and Acceptance Engineer who can start on short notice on a temporary basis.
As Verification, Validation and Acceptance Engineer you are responsible for the verification, validation, and acceptance activities within engineering projects. This specially to ensure the document appraisal and design reviews of engineering deliverables. This to establish a traceable compliance with the requirements set for the project. Depending on the specific customer requirements and project complexity, this process can run as from the proposal phase up to final acceptance of the naval vessel.
In the proposal phase you will be, as VV&A engineer, responsible for the initial setup of a Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM) for a specific project. Throughout the engineering phase as VV&A engineer you will develop the requirements model for the project and develop and maintain the VCRM with various stakeholders. As VV&A engineer will oversee and review the traceability and verification of requirements including the link to physical testing. As VV&A engineer you will report to the VV&A manager.
As Verification, Validation and Acceptance Engineer (Project Based) you will:
- Cooperate with the involved engineers on the project with respect to requirements decomposition and V&V activities on a daily base.
- Ensure that the complete set of requirements for assigned systems is defined and that the verification strategy for these requirements is correctly defined in the VCRM.
- Assure the traceability from customer requirements to objective compliance evidence (OCE) that is agreed
- Pro-actively expedite the engineering deliverables in relation to the VV&A scope and activities.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the Class Society and the Customer, for the complete set of requirements for assigned systems.
- Work in close cooperation with Test & Integration engineers to contribute to the total scope (including test specifications) of VV&A deliverables (as these activities continue and extend into Operations during the build and delivery phases)
- Contribute to the process of agreeing system specifications and the VCRM for assigned systems with the customer and contribute to the progressive acceptance process with customer, for the V&VA deliverables.
As Verification, Validation and Acceptance Engineer (Project Based) you will need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree combined with at least five years experience in the design and engineering of high-tech complex products, preferably ships, offshore equipment or other relevant industrial installations.
- Experience and affinity with VV&A process, maritime systems, Configuration Management, Requirements Management and Systems Engineering principles and practices in general.
- Able to structure work packages and get them realized according to the contracted planning schedule and within set labor and cost budgets.
- Experience with operationally leading a small-size engineering team up to five people.
- Used to work on Class-regulated products and project management skills on a basic level.
- Experience in working in dynamic mid-size project environments with high complexity and within Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experience in working in close collaboration with both a project team and directly with a customer.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal, and mastery of the German language is a big plus.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Verification, Validation and Acceptance Engineer (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.