Assistant Department Manager Plans and Arrangements
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Middelburg, Zeeland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
As Assistant Department Manager Plans and Arrangements you will perform direct line management for the engineering disciplines Plans and Arrangements, including Outfitting as part of the of the Naval & Structural Department.Key accountabilities
As Assistant Department Manager Plans and Arrangements you will:
- Day-to-day manage the team as senior member of the engineering team and will report to the manager Naval & Structural.
- Lead, inspire and motivate the teams of approximately 30 engineers, with different levels of technical experience and expertise.
- Manage the department resource planning and assure all project teams can be manned with the required capabilities.
- Organise temporary engineering capacity and advise on the individual employee performance and career.
- Manage day-to-day work, as well as long-term planning of the Plans and Arrangements engineering department into a productive team.
- Drive new ideas in processes and methodology and secures this in work instructions.
- Ensure disciplined proposal evaluation support with a process, technical solution, and man hour estimation.
- Support the engineering projects on practical outfitting and structural solutions.
- Ensure that the department objectives and standards (including HSEQ) are understood and owned by the team members.
- Ensure that engineers accurately log and capture their time spent on the projects.
- Provide input and receives feedback on all current/future changes, projects, and work requests elsewhere in the business.
- Work together with managers and engineers within other disciplines.
As Assistant Department Manager Plans and Arrangements you will need to have:
- Bachelor degree in Naval Architecture Engineering or other relevant technical study.
- Experience in engineering, preferable in complex ships and in working in an engineering environment as line manager or people or resource manager.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written & verbal.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Assistant Department Manager Plans and Arrangements, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.