Engineer Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) (Interim)
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Vlissingen, Zeeland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Transport & Logistics
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for an Engineer Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) who can start on short notice and on a temporary basis.
As Engineer ILS, you will be responsible for projects related to the ILS scope and services for the naval vessels of Damen Naval. You will work on the project related to ILS. With the aim of increasing the availability and operational readiness against the lowest cost over the entire life cycle of the ships.
The general ILS work includes analyzing maintenance plans/tasks, technical documentation (S1000D), supply support, including special tools & test equipment, and training. For this, as an Engineer ILS, you will work together with other disciplines in the organisation to prepare ILS deliverables. As Engineer ILS you can work sometimes on a broad variety of tasks within the ILS field. You will work in multifunctional teams to develop and deliver the ILS products, on time, within budget and within quality standards. You deliver contractual agreed ILS packages and increases customer satisfaction. As Engineer ILS you will also contribute to the further development of the strategic ILS technology roadmap.Key accountabilities
As an Engineer ILS your key responsibilities will include:
- Perform ILS analysis such as LSA and other ILS topics.
- Study and report the reliability and maintainability of naval equipment.
- Cooperate with the technical (design) department and report to the Project Manager ILS.
- Work on ILS products include purchase support, maintenance/ LSA including RAM and LCC calculations, supply support, documentation, training, and transfer of technology.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by the company and the end-users.
- Deliver ILS products and services within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing (part of) ILS proposals and in the further improvement and development of ILS products, processes, and methodologies.
- Prepare ILS training material(s) for technical equipment and naval products.
- Prepare budgetary offers and estimations of projects costs.
- Study technical regulations and technical drawings that apply in each project.
As an Engineer ILS, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of ILS and with the development and execution of ILS packages within a technical and/or MoD environment or alternatively maintenance experience in an engineering environment.
- Experience in working in multifunctional and multicultural teams and environments.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal and command of additional languages like German and Spanish are an advantage.
- Preferably a naval background or affinity with a naval environment and culture.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 21 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of Engineer Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
For more information about the vacancy or Damen Naval, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Naval Career website or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered.