Damen Naval Vlissingen
Vlissingen, Zeeland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Quality Engineer F126 you will support the implementation, embedding, monitoring and maintenance of the quality management plan at Damen Naval for the F126 project.Key accountabilities
As Quality Engineer F126 you will:
- Support the project organisation to ensure the organisation meets all project quality requirements.
- Promote quality policy and objectives to increase awareness, motivation, and involvement.
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting activities in accordance with applicable ISO standards such as 9001, 14001 and 45001 and relevant NATO AQAP standards for example 2105, 2110, 2210 and 2310.
- Determine quality requirements for suppliers and assess their compliance.
- Monitor supplier quality issue investigations and drive follow up.
- Develop and deliver staff instructions, training and briefings as identified by planned works, current best practices, and changes in legislation.
- Evaluate the quality management system including suppliers on effectiveness and formulate recommendations of improvement.
- Internal and supplier quality assurance audits.
- Quality Assurance liaison between Damen Naval and partners.
- Assist with Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities on building yards.
- Strive for continuous improvement withing the Quality Assurance department and beyond.
As Quality Engineer F126 you need to have:
- Technical Business Administration or other relevant Bachelor degree.
- Good command of the German and English language both written and verbal are both required for this position.
- Good understanding of of quality management principles and techniques.
- Proven experience with Quality Management, preferably gained in the naval or defence industry or manufacturing industry such as heavy duty machinery, shipbuilding, automotive or aerospace.
- Experience with supplier quality management, AQAP standards, internal audits, and promoting quality awareness
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Quality Engineer F126, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered.