Systems Verification Engineer
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Vlissingen, Zeeland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
Are you an experienced Systems Verification Engineer looking for a new opportunity? At Damen Naval, we have an exciting position available just for you. As a Systems Verification Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the Verification, Validation, and Acceptance (VV&A) process within the F126 project. Your responsibility will be to ensure compliance with set requirements by conducting document appraisal, design reviews, and traceability of project deliverables. From proposal to system acceptance, you will oversee the development of requirements models, maintain the Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM), and collaborate with stakeholders. Reporting to the VV&A manager, you will also ensure the traceability and verification of requirements, including physical testing.Key accountabilities
As Systems Verification Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with Test & Integration and other engineers on requirements engineering and V&V activities, contributing to the overall scope, including test specifications of VV&A deliverables.
- Establish a complete set of System Requirements for the assigned system in the System Requirements Specification, decomposing transverse requirements and rules into system requirements.
- Link the set of system requirements to the correct document placeholders, define the appropriate verification cases (VeCs) in the VCRM, and specify the test specifications (TeCs) for physical tests.
- Determine and execute the correct Means of Compliance for systems within your scope.
- Ensure the assigned system complies with the set requirements and provide evidence and substantiation of compliance.
- Contribute to the process of agreeing on system specifications and the VCRM for assigned systems with the customer, as well as the progressive acceptance process.
To excel in the role of Systems Verification Engineer, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Engineering. An Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP) or similar certification is preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the design and engineering of high-tech complex products, preferably in ships, offshore equipment, or relevant industrial installations.
- Experience with Configuration Management, Requirements Management, and Systems Engineering principles and practices.
- Familiarity with the VV&A process, maritime systems, and working with class-regulated products.
- Experience in dynamic mid-size project environments with high complexity, collaborating closely with both project teams and customers.
- Knowledge of Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, is required. Proficiency in Dutch and German is advantageous.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as viable candidate.
At Damen Naval we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Ready to take on this exciting opportunity? Apply now and become the Systems Verification Engineer at Damen Naval. Join us in driving innovation and making a difference in the maritime industry! Please apply directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Damen Naval is closed from 31 July until 13 August due to the summer holiday. This will result in a delayed response to your application.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.