Rhoon, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
We are looking for a Buyer for our client who is a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry. This is a contractor position for one year with a possibility to extend it and the office is located in the Rotterdam area.
In this position you will be the focal point with Vendors on assigned Turnkey Project(s) or Fleet vessel(s). You will be responsible from implementing Global Supply Chain sourcing strategy. Another important responsibility is to efficiently and adequately set-up the Request For Quotation for the Purchase under consideration. In line with project or vessel specific requirements, market conditions, you are responsible to negotiate and purchase equipment/services with the aim to obtain best commercial and contractual conditions to create value and position the Company competitively (cost, schedule, quality and technical requirements).
After the Purchase Order is placed, you will be responsible from providing commercial support until Purchase Order close-out:
- Commercial Purchase Order execution including, but not limited to, negotiation of Variation.
in line with Purchase Order T&C and after review and approval by PMT, support for Purchase
Order commercial close out including Vendor commercial and contractual performance.
You would deliver those key objectives in line with:
- GEMS SAPHYRE processes
- Sourcing strategy defined by Category Manager
- Specific Project or Vessel conditions as defined by relevant Purchase Requestor
- Purchasing strategy agreed at Tender phase or at RFQ start and reflected in the Commercial Bid Evaluation
To be able to efficiently set-up the Request For Quotation strategy for the Purchase under consideration, you should have:
- Knowledge in relevant market trends, key players and activity levels to confirm capability and capacity of invited bidders in line with relevant Vendor List, as set by Category Manager (s) / Global Strategic Sourcing.
- Knowledge in Vendor Qualification processes and tools to confirm active qualification status or ask for a temporary exemption and/or qualification ahead of RFQ
If you are acting as a Lead Buyer (Turnkey Projects), you will be responsible from:
- Lead the Buyers Project and Category Buyers allocated on the project.
- Report on Budget performance (actuals and forecast)
- Pre-Order: escalate issues (cost, schedule, quality) early so that the Project and/or Global
Supply Chain teams can provide efficient guidance and support
- Post-Order: ensure good collaboration with post-order management teams so that support and
actions are managed in the best interest of the Company
If you are acting as a Project Buyer (Turnkey Projects), you are responsible to:
- Provide commercial support the Project Engineer on Multi-Discipline Purchase Orders from
Purchase Request to PO close-out : contract management (with support of Contract Engineer),
variation order negotiation and PO close-out.
- Implement the execution framing strategy as validated during the Win Phase.
- Make sure the pre RFQ meeting takes place with Engineering, Contract team, PPM and Project
Engineer to ensure the maturity of the Scope and Documents is adequate to proceed, and to
agree on purchasing strategy (if not part of the Win phase framing)
If you are acting as a FPSO Buyer (Fleet), you are responsible to:
- Execute procurement activities for the designated FPSO unit concerning all equipment, spares,
consumables, and services which are not covered by a specific purchasing category.
-. Expedite suitable quotations and coordinate technical clarifications and communications during
If you are acting as a Category Buyer (Fleet or Turnkey Projects), you are responsible to:
- Lead management of Service or Commodity Purchase Orders from receipt of Purchase Request
to PO close-out.
- Manage interfaces both externally with Vendor and internally (Fleet or Turnkey Projects)
- Front-line of the Supply Chain activities to deliver the order and meet requirements in terms of
budget, schedule, and quality.
- Monitor PO execution through health checks and proactively raise alerts to implement action
plan in case of potential issues (schedule, costs, quality, contracts etcâ ) when applicable
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Buyer
- Offshore- or Oil & Gas experience
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.