P&ID Engineer (Project Based) (Schiedam)
Damen Naval Schiedam
Schiedam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Senior P&ID Engineer who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for the duration of 18 months.
As Senior P&ID Engineer you will analyse and assess specifications, set up, model andrevise engineering package(s) and/or integrate systems and supplies. You will report feedback and support stakeholders on technical aspects and questions within the specialism Mechanical. As Senior P&ID Engineer you will work in line with project requirements, customer needs, technical and operations guidelines and regulations. This in order to contribute to efficient production and to maximize reliability quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of Damen Naval portfolio.Key accountabilities
As Senior P&ID Engineer (Project Based) you will:
- Analyse and assess specifications and/or technical requirements related to products, systems and processes (materials, quality, environment, health, safety, design optimisation, product specifications), perform initial opportunity and risk analyses and propose and/or implement mitigations for any identified risks.
- Set up and model the basic and detailed engineering package for standard and/or new products based on relevant information, specifications and in line with specifications, (shipyard) requirements, applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations and Damen Naval engineering standards.
- Update the basic and/or detailed engineering package and where needed inform, discuss and advise with technical lead, technical specialist and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Support internal and external stakeholders on technical aspects and questions.
- Execute (parts of) projects and/or project design reviews.
- Document (maintenance) activities performed on processes, design status, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses on design and technical progress of documentation.
- Identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, designs, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and, if applicable, ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
As Senior P&;ID Engineer (Project Based) you will need to have:
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level related to mechanical systems.
- More than five years of experience in the engineering and broad knowledge of high end (naval) ships and/or piping systems preferably gained in shipbuilding.
- More than five years of experience with CAD software, statutory bodies, Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- More than five years experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment and in a 3D environment.
- Some experience in presentation techniques and willingness to occasionally travel and work abroad.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written & verbal).
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Senior P&ID Engineer (Project Based) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered.