Senior Engineer Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting (Schiedam)
Damen Naval Schiedam
Schiedam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Senior Engineer Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting you will work on a broad variety of plans & arrangements within a project. This can include statutory plans, arrangements of accommodation spaces, outer decks and technical spaces but excluding engine rooms & propulsion related spaces. You will work in a team of several outfitting engineers on statutory plans and arrangements during basic engineering, or during the detailed engineering in a multi-disciplinary team as Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting specialist. As Senior Engineer Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting you implement deep technical knowledge and practical experience, such as producibility, maintainability, accessibility, ergonomics etc.
As Senior Engineer Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting you will be part of the Naval & Structural group which is part of the Engineering department. The employees within this department work on project base, divided over the various projects, in which they contribute to both basic- and detailed engineering within their field of expertise.
As Senior Engineer Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting you will:
- Be responsible for the approval process of your scope until satisfactory implementing of all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Class, Statutory & Flag Regulations, and the customer.
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as statutory plans according to applicable rules and regulations, complicated arrangements, technical specifications, system descriptions and verification and validation documents.
- Execute engineering activities within the 2D and 3D environments, such as Cadmatic or3DExperience (Catia).
- Participate in the Product & Proposal phase and verify technical data of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform technical analysis on received offers under supervision of the Team Lead.
- Offer technical support on commissioning activities and develop and describe yard standards.
As Senior Engineer Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting you need to have:
- Relevant Bachelor degree and at least five-year experience in engineering as well as broad knowledge of (staturory) plans, arrangements and outfitting systems, preferably gained in ships or offshore installations.
- Extensive knowledge of class and statutory regulations and experience with their practical interpretation and implementation.
- Experience with class, flag and client approval processes, including discussions with plan approval and local surveyors and or client or representatives.
- Experience with good engineering practices, including quality and budget awareness and to cooperate with vendors and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of and experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic or 3DExperience (Catia).
- Good command of the English language written and verbal and mastery of Dutch language is a plus, but not essential.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Engineer Plans, Arrangements and Outfitting, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered.