Fornebu, Akershus, Norway
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
Are you our next Equipment buyer for the new exciting project?
At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society towards a low-carbon future. We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
Our department handles direct procurement for early phase projects in the segment Engineering, Topsides & Facilities and Renewables. Typical projects include O&G topsides and FPSOs, carbon capture and storage facilities, foundations for offshore wind turbine generators and converter stations for offshore wind farms.
We are now looking for a Senior Package Responsible Buyer with experience in purchasing complex equipment from production companies. As Senior Buyer you are part of a team with the Package Responsible Engineer (PRE), and this team will be responsible for the successful execution and completion of the assigned procurement packages. You will have the opportunity to interface with many disciplines and to work in close collaboration with our suppliers and client.
Joining us now will give you an excellent opportunity to be involved in the early stage of our new energy projects and to develop your skills within procurement management.
What will you be doing?
- Develop procurement strategies and plans for assigned packages
- Perform all procurement activities efficiently and ensure successful execution of the Procurement Process
- Ensure commercial awareness within the organisation
- Perform change management and manage contract risks
- Ensure that all relevant systems are updated according to project requirements
- Represent the procurement team towards project management and the supplier market
- Present contract status in reports and meetings
- Keep the contract and correspondence files updated
- Take on more complex tasks if required (e.g. Lead on less complex projects)
- The position may include travelling
We think you should have:
- Higher education within business and/or engineering
- Minimum five years' experience from procurement or sales of technical equipment
- Good project management skills
- Solid technical understanding and commercial skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Solid communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Team-player attitude
- Strong work ethic and proactive attitude
- Solution-oriented mindset and ability to be flexible
More reasons to work with us:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions' project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered; we are the only company that has a frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen and training facilities
This is a contract role, start-up as soon as possible. Please apply immediately.
Location: Fornebu, Norway
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Adele MacDonald, Senior Advisor, NES Advantage Solutions,
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions' global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.