Senior Electrical Engineer - Mechanical Packages
Fornebu, Akershus, Norway
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We have highly skilled, social, and creative people working in our Electrical department. Wellbeing, communication, and hard work is important to us, and we work together as a team to deliver to our customers.
To strengthen our team, Aker Solutions in Fornebu is looking for an Senior Electrical Engineer - Mechanical packages can help us succeed.
What will you be doing
You will be working as Senior Electrical Engineer in the mechanical package group for the Hugin A project, your responsibility includes but not limited to the following:
- Be electrical responsible for specification, bid evaluation, design review and vendor follow-up on multidiscipline packages
- Coordinate towards the electrical system group, area design group and other disciplines
- Attend vendor review meetings, factory acceptance tests and interface towards construction yard
- Have the main responsibility over compressors export, instrument & telecom packages and other mechanical packages
We think you should have some of the following:
- Minimum a bachelor's degree in electrical power engineering
- Minimum 5years' experience from oil and gas industry
- Experience with follow up of electrical/mechanical packages and/or electrical system engineering
- Familiar with NORSOK standards
- Experience with COMOS and PIMS will be an advantage
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
Working location: Oslo, Norway
2 years initial contract with options for extensions.
More reasons to work with us:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions' project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered; we are the only company that has a frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen and training facilities
Only applications received online will be considered, not via email.
For further information about the position please contact:
Adele MacDonald, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage, email:
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
NES Advantage Solutions is part of the NES Fircroft group of companies.
We provide Managed Solutions: Managed Service Provider for contingent workforce, Recruitment Process Outsourcing for permanent recruitment, Global Mobility programs and Consultancy services working closely in partnership with our clients.
The combination of NES and Advantage creates a global leader in staffing services to the Energy industry, with over 50 offices around the globe and a portfolio of more than 17,000 contractors - ensuring our clients gain access to the best talent whenever and wherever they need it.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.