Surface Protection Inspector
Fornebu, Akershus, Norway
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We have highly skilled, social, and creative people working in our Material technology department. Wellbeing, communication, and hard work is important to us, and we work together as a team to deliver to our customers.
To strengthen our team, Aker Solutions in Fornebu is looking for a Surface Protection Inspector?who can help us succeed.
What will you be doing??
You will be working as Surface Protection Inspector together with other colleagues for the Hugin A project, your responsibility includes but not limited to the following:
- Review coating procedures according to the project requirements
- Ensure supplier coating procedure capture the scope of work
- Participate in pre-production meetings
- Visit paint shops at the beginning of the work to inspect the facilities, review the surface preparation, the coating application work and how the work is reported
- Prepare and issue report after each visit identifying all inspections points, findings and possible mitigating actions
- Identify any discrepancies and deviations to the procedure and/or project requirements
We think you should have some of the following:
- BSc within material technology with emphasis on corrosion protection. Alternatively, certification of apprenticeship within surface protection or documented practical experience from professional coating application work is also considered
- At least 5 years hands-on Inspection experience from North Sea offshore projects
- FROSIO level III certificate is needed
- Experience with NORSOK M-501 standard
- MS. Word and Excel software skills
- Fluent in English both oral and written. Knowledge of Norwegian language is an advantage
More reasons to work with us:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organisations in the energy sector
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions' project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered; we are the only company that has a frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen and training facilities
Only applications received online will be considered, not via email.
For further information about the position please contact:
Emli Zhang, Team Lead - Temporary Staffing Team, NES Advantage, Tel: ,
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.