Processing Team Member
Mason City, Iowa, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
Job Level: Hourly
Job Type: Hourly Full Time
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill's protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Location: Mason City, IA
Job Type: Full Time
Shift(s): 2nd and 3rd
Compensation: $23.25/hr - with 2nd shift differential or $24.25/hr with 3rd shift differential
Sign-On Bonus: $3,000
- 3 tiered Medical plans
- Dental insurance and vision insurance
- Employer funded tax-free accounts to help pay for health care expenses
- A local incentive program is paid bi-annually
- 401K + matching program
- Paid Time Off, holidays
- Variety of wellness incentives
- Accountable for the production of food safe product in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Start up and shut down of a production line, making mechanical adjustments, and troubleshooting equipment. Ensuring all production paperwork is completed. Responsible for containing and proactively addressing potential problems that may arise in an effort to limit disruptions to production.
- Ensuring all processing steps have been completed and a quality product is delivered to the customer (all food handling tasks were completed properly; i.e. proper packaging, weights are in acceptable range) including assisting others as needed.
- Maintain adherence to all Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- This position shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s). This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions. Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP/OPRP/PRP (GMP) policies and requirements to complete all monitoring and/or verifications tasks as outlined by Food Safety Management
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a plant job
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have basic math skills (Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Must be willing to work in hot, cold, and wet environments
- Availability to work outside of normal shift up to including weekend and off shift hours as needed
- Ability to lift frequently
- Previous food service, and/or production experience
- Dependable and punctual
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet