The Judge Group
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Location: Lincoln, NE
Salary: $130,000.00 USD Annually - $145,000.00 USD Annually
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for supervising day-to-day maintenance activities. The Maintenance Engineer will drive department continuous improvement initiatives and enable efficiencies by applying sound reliability principles. The Maintenance Engineer will also have direct supervisory responsibility of the Maintenance Technicians and Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians.
The Maintenance Engineer will support all policies, goals, and objectives of the company while representing the company knowledgeably and professionally.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads others: expects, inspects, and coaches. Provides fast feedback. Holds people accountable.
- Relentlessly pursues being a better-version-of-themselves.
- Leverages systems to drive behaviors. Identifies the system (or lack of a system) that is creating unwanted behaviors and reengineers (or engineers) the system.
- Drives team to be the best-version-of-itself, corrects deficiencies from best-in-class.
- Oversees analytical troubleshooting, problem-solving, and team development to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals.
- Utilizes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) maintenance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures maintenance work flow process is followed.
- Diligently seeks root cause. Utilizes Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
- Ensures planning and scheduling practices are followed; drives a proactive (vs. reactive) culture.
- Contributes to resolving the bad actors list; provides information on failures, root causes, and suggests potential maintenance strategy changes to ultimately prevent future occurrences.
- Supports the Equipment Maintenance Plan (EMP); drives continuous, data-driven improvements.
- Participates in Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) process.
- Inspires others through a shared vision of the future.
- Drives effective change through the Management Of Change (MOC) process.
- Effectively supervises Maintenance Technicians and Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians. Provides support for technicians to address any issues or ideas to improve the current processes.
- Ensures compliance with safety and environmental programs and regulations.
- Regularly communicates team results to the Maintenance Manager.
- Provide coordination of daily maintenance activities to ensure maximum equipment up-time while efficiently utilizing the available equipment, tools, materials, and manpower.
- Power-user of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Utilizes CMMS for work orders, procurement, inventory management, and data analysis.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures and issues disciplinary action to employees as needed, in coordination with the Maintenance Manager and the HR Generalist.
- Facilitates the performance management process to include conducting performance appraisals and regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings with employees. Documents in the performance management system accordingly.
- Manages, approves, and monitors employee PTO requests and timecards.
- Participates in the interview and selection process for new employees.
- Supports and promotes a positive and cooperative team environment that fosters creative problem solving and shared learning.
- Provides back-up for other department personnel as needed.
- Completes tasks assigned by the Maintenance Manager along with other duties not listed herein, but which need to be accomplished to maintain safe and productive day-to-day operations within the plant.
- Maintains confidentiality of all employee records and company matters.
- Ensures all local, state, and federal regulations are being met at all times.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher (from an accredited school) in the Engineering field.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher (from an accredited school) in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Ethanol manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with maintenance procedures for processing equipment such as evaporators, heat exchangers, centrifuges, drying equipment, boilers, cooling towers, chiller, air compressors, pumps, valves, electrical circuits, and instrumentation preferred.
- CMRP or other relevant certifications are preferred.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at