Planning and Scheduling Engineer
The Judge Group
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Location: Lincoln, NE
Salary: $110,000.00 USD Annually - $115,000.00 USD Annually
The Planning and Scheduling Engineer will be responsible for the planning, scheduling, and coordination of work to maintain the reliability of all equipment onsite. The Planning and Scheduling Engineer will improve department efficiency and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays by planning and coordinating labor, parts/materials, and equipment. Job plans created by the Planning and Scheduling Engineer will ensure or extend the life expectancy of equipment, supporting the reduction of maintenance costs and the increase of uptime.
The Planning and Scheduling Engineer will support all company policies, goals, and objectives while representing the company knowledgeably and professionally.
Essential Job Functions
- Relentlessly pursues being a better-version-of-themselves.
- Advocates reliability excellence, building and supporting a proactive (vs. reactive) culture.
- Leverages systems to drive behaviors. Identifies the system (or lack of a system) that creates unwanted behaviors and reengineers (or engineers) the system.
- Supports reliability activities with valuable equipment history and root cause input.
- Power-user of the CMMS. Utilizes the CMMS for best-in-class work order, scheduling, procurement, inventory management, and data analysis activities.
- Estimates required labor hours for work.
- Prioritizes work based on a defined set of criteria.
- Manages the Backlog, providing regular analysis and long-range planning.
- Utilizes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) maintenance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Supports the Equipment Maintenance Plan (EMP); drives continuous, data-driven, best-in-class improvements.
- Maintains records and files essential for meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance-related matters.
- Audits maintenance records, addressing any deficiencies, and communicating concerns to the Maintenance Manager.
- Applies best-in-class planning practices, developing effective job plans.
- Prepares maintenance schedule, utilizing best-in-class practices.
- Drives weekly Maintenance Schedule Review meeting, providing interdepartmental coordination of upcoming activities.
- Communicating concerns with existing predictive, preventive, and routine repair maintenance programs and procedures to the Maintenance Manager.
- Regularly communicates progress to the Maintenance Manager.
- Supports and promotes a positive and cooperative team environment that fosters creative problem solving and shared learning.
- Ensures compliance with safety and environmental programs and regulations.
- Provides back-up for other department personnel as needed.
- Completes tasks assigned by the Maintenance Manager along with other duties not listed herein but which need to be accomplished to maintain safe and productive day-to-day operations within the plant.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and company matters.
- Ensures all local, state, and federal regulations are being met at all times.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher (from an accredited school) in the Engineering field.
- 3 years of planning and scheduling experience in a large-scale industrial continuous process manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Experience with maintenance procedures for processing equipment such as evaporators, heat exchangers, centrifuges, drying equipment, boilers, conveyors, cooling towers, chillers, air compressors, pumps, valves, electrical circuits, and instrumentation preferred.
- Project management or project engineering experience preferred.
- Formal planning and scheduling training or relevant certifications are preferred.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- The right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at