Transportation Design EIT- North Dakota
Abercrombie, North Dakota, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
We are currently seeking a qualified Transportation Design EIT to join our Civil Science Team. This position can be located in either Lehi, Utah, Dickinson, North Dakota or Williston, North Dakota. Relocation assistance provided.
Civil Science is a full-service civil engineering firm established in 2002 through an employee buyout of a local firm which has been continuously providing consulting engineering services since 1978. Civil Science provides services through the expertise of highly qualified professional engineers, licensed surveyors, planners, and a support pool of technicians to a wide array of both public sector and private clientele in multiple states. In 2015, Civil Science transitioned to a 100% Employee-Owned company in order to benefit our employees and clients through increased collaboration, and commitment.
- Provide engineering design of roadway projects that adheres to federal and local specifications
- Provide effective and efficient solutions to unique project challenges
- Adhere to quality control procedures in all aspects of design, communication, and client interactions
- Participate in weekly team meetings to ensure project tasks are delivered with in schedule and budget
- Partner with project managers to anticipate design conflicts and provide alternative options that stay with in project scope.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Must have passed Fundamentals of Engineering (Required)
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Civil Engineering role focused on roadway design projects
- Working knowledge of roadway modeling software. Specifically MicroStation OpenRoad Designer
- Professional Engineer License (Preferred)
- Experience with either Utah Department of Transportation or North Dakota Department of Transportation design process and specifications
- Previous experience delivering final plan set and involvement with PS&E
What We Offer:
- Real ownership in the Firm: Civil Science is an employee-owned firm that maintains an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which provides industry leading contributions while being employer paid. Meaning you won't have to contribute funds in order to see the benefits, unlike most firms in the industry.
- Growth: Since Civil Science is an agile firm, it allows our employees the freedom to own their projects, and step into new, exciting roles without the red tape of large corporations.
- Work-Life Integration: At Civil Science, our priority is to make sure your work is compatible with your life outside of the office, allowing you time to enjoy with your family or engage in hobbies.
- PTO/Holidays: Civil Science offers an annual three weeks of paid time off, six holidays, and two floating holidays to use at your convenience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability: In an effort to prepare for the unexpected, we offer 100% employer covered Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
- Tuition Reimbursement/Scholarship Programs: We maintain a culture focused on individual development and believe in continuing to perfect our craft. Our reimbursement and scholarship programs extend to current employees and their family members!
- Additional Retirement Benefits: In addition to our ESOP, Civil Science offers a 401K plan.
Civil Science evaluates and determines on a case-by-case basis whether it is willing to sponsor an individual to receive a temporary or permanent work visa (e.g., E-3, H-1B, H-1B1, or TN visa status).
Civil Science provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.