Shag Driver Logistic Floater
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Transport & Logistics
Job Level: Hourly
Job Type: Hourly Full Time
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill's protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Location: Nashville, TN
Job Type: Full Time
Shift(s) Available: 1st
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
Health and Wellness Incentives
Paid Vacation and Holidays
401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Move trailers from the yard to the docks and from the dock doors back to the yard and spot for drivers to pick up to take to offsite cold storage facilities.
- Communicate with lead, supervisor, and loaders to ensure the right trailers are at the right dock.
- Take temperature checks on trailers and inventory all trailers on the yard.
- Ensure reefer unit is running efficiently to prevent any product spoilage.
- Ensure the yard is organized/neat so that inbound trailers can move in correctly.
- Before moving trailers, verify the doors to the trailer are locked and secured.
- Responsible for making sure trailers are filled with diesel fuel.
- Responsible for maintaining the trailer location and reporting any defects on the trailer to supervisor or manager (broken door, bent landing gear, etc).
- Before putting the trailers to the door, verify that trailers are clean. Clean trailers if they are not clean.
- Assist Logistic Floater team as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Must have extensive experience as a tractor-trailer driver.
- Must have a clean driving record with little to no accident history.
- Must have solid knowledge of trucks and trailers.
Experience with driving trailers and driving in proximity of other trailers.
Previous inventory experience.
Completion of a professional truck driving training course.
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet