Senior Mechanical Engineer
Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
HMH is a leading global provider of first-class solutions and services designed to offer our valued customers with the safer, more efficient, and reliable alternative. Our company vision drives an unparalleled commitment to quality and major economic advantages for our customers and stakeholders. HMH has a global span covering five continents with offices in 16 countries.
HMH is a frontrunner within developing and providing automation and digital solutions for our drilling customers to support their endeavor to improve efficiency and environmental footprint.
Equipped with its brilliant team of engineers, HMH is committed to actively explore opportunities in other industries.
For us, this means new opportunities and challenges that we need to solve together with our customer. To do this, we need creativity and great minds.
An opportunity has arisen to join our team in Aberdeen. If you're interested in joining a diverse and inclusive work environment where people are genuinely helpful, and where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge the please review the following job information and introduce yourself to us!
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our facility in Kirkhill, Dyce, Aberdeen.
Provide technical support to the Repair and Remanufacturing (R&R) teams and the Field Operations team for inspection and recertification activities
- Execute the design, analysis or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product/program requirements
- Provide technical leadership and ownership of assigned projects
- Develop Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) methodology, processes, and tools
- Provide technical support for both internal and external customer on issues related to R&R
- Perform system level troubleshooting for more complex issues
- Develop and assist in creating global inspection and repair procedures
- Collaborate with other functions such as manufacturing, sourcing, field service and project management to solve issues
- Liaise with customers and ensure effective communication of progress and results
- Participate in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for assigned projects is consistent with Engineering policies and procedures
- Be prepared to work non-standard hours to support rig down situations
- Drive continuous improvement of processes, tools and standards
- Assess inspection report findings following inspection of Customer Owned Equipment (COE), on-site and off-site, for Drill through or BOP equipment and recertification activities
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Develop and deploy technical solutions, including customer testing
- Ability to travel to offshore and onshore locations, including overseas, for customer support
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
- In-depth knowledge of drilling equipment, specifically drill-through or Blow Out Preventer (BOP) equipment and associated mechanical systems
- Familiar with American Petroleum Institute (API) standards for pressure control and drilling equipment
- Root Cause Analysis experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to support customers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Clear thinker with ability to develop, communicate and deliver clear strategy and action plans
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.