Head of Facility Security
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Government & Defence
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
As Head of Facility Security, you will ensure optimal protection of all areas of the company and the objects and goods on those areas. This within the applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures and with the goal of protecting them against harmful influences from inside and outside (burglary, destruction, fraud, theft, fire, terrorism, etc.). As Head of Facility Security, you will report to the HSSEQ Manager (Security Officer).Key accountabilities
As Head of Facility Security you will:
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff and customers by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement facility security plans, policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Manage and optimize facility security systems (CCTV, IDS etc.), subcontractors and suppliers.
- Perform the function of Port Facility Security Officer.
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses.
- Recruit, train and supervise Team leaders Facility Security.
- Organize periodic training scenarios for facility security staff.
- Manage staff when responding to emergencies and alarms.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating security for large specific company events.
- Review reports on incidents and breaches and investigate and resolve issues.
- Create reports for management on security status and proposals for improvements.
- Responsible for maintenance, repair and replacement of security systems and security facilities.
- Maintain contacts with governmental authorities such as the Police, Fire Brigade and Zeeland Seaports regarding facility security.
- Ensure that all HSSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained, and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
As Head of Facility Security you will need to have:
- Relevant Bachelor degree supplemented with a security diploma (Kaderdiploma Beveiliging).
- Certificate Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO).
- Knowledge of and experience with International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS).
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning.
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures.
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal).
- Proactive approach to drive continuous improvement.
- Competencies: customer orientation, teamwork, results and quality orientation, behavioural flexibility, leadership, coaching, planning, and organizing, problem analysis, decisiveness, stress tolerance and initiative.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Head of Facility Security, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.