System Modelling Specialist (Project Based)
Damen Naval Vlissingen
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?The role
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a System Modelling Specialist who can start on short notice on a temporary basis.
For complex naval vessels Damen Naval created a system model that describes the functional behaviour of the vessel and includes the traceability of the requirements. As System Modelling Specialist you will support the project team by providing guidance on the system modelling process, assist with the integration of the tool within the project environment, provide support to the teams modelling the functionality and the requirement. In addition, your activities include supporting the requirements engineering process such as requirement traceability, analysis, decomposition, verification, and validation (V&V). Your activities will involve working with the system architects, design engineers, subcontractors, and the client.Key accountabilities
As System Modelling Specialist (Project Based) you will:
- Define and update the system modelling processes.
- Maintain the System Modelling Management plan (describing the process).
- Provide support to the modelling and design teams.
- Assist with the requirements engineering process.
- Communicate with stakeholders (architects, engineers, and client).
As System Modelling Specialist (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, preferably in shipbuilding.
- Experience with Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) and requirements engineering.
- Knowledge of the Arcadia Method and experience in CAPELLA (or equivalent) tooling.
- Experience with IBM Rational DOORS is considered a plus.
- Competencies: team-player, conscientious, communicative, proactive, and planning-oriented.
- Mastery of the English language, both written and verbally; ability to read German is considered a plus.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of System Modelling Specialist (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on (0)118- .
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.